Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Prologues To The Swelling Act.

I am in the midst of memorizing my little soliloquys for Macbeth.

“Two truths are told,

as happy prologues to the swelling act

cannot be ill, cannot be good: if ill,

why hath it given me earnest of success,

commencing in a truth? I am thane of Cawdor:

if good, why do I yield to that suggestion

whose horrid image doth unfix my hair

and make my seated heart knock at my ribs,

against the use of nature? Present fears

are less than horrible imaginings:

my thought, whose murder is yet but fantastical,

shakes so my single state of man that function

is smother’d in surmise, and nothing is

but what is not.”

I have that mostly memorized, but I still need prompting on some parts… and, I have two more of those. Similar in length and content. All to be memorized and performed for my English/History class/whoever shows up that day. Bleh. I don’t want to do this. Any of this. I have no interest in memorizing Macbeth. I have no problem reading the play, I love the play, the play is lovely. However- I do not feel like memorizing and performing it should be required. We made cardboard pistols in class the other day and some little froshies in the hall thought it was funny when I pretended to off myself, and well, it was. We also made cardboard horse heads and borrowed some yardsticks from the nearby Geometry room and then rode around on them in the middle of the hallway. People thought we were weird- I didn’t mind. I saw someone in the hallway today and he looked and me and I looked at him and I think we were both thinking the same thing. I didn’t say anything to him and he only said one word to me and it didn’t even matter and I’m so happy I have changed. At Starbucks today I ventured away from my usual “Tall, cafe americano” and got a tall gingerbread latte… It was weird. It was way too sweet and I am sticking with my americano from the point onward. It was 27 degrees this morning as I waited for the bus and my fingertips turned blue. I ate a muffin at LEAD because I didn’t eat breakfast. I have been very tired lately. My usual shots of espresso in the morning don’t seem to wake me up very well anymore and I have found myself almost-falling-asleep in a few classes. During advisory today Bill wasn’t there so I went and hung out with Jazz for longer than usual. They had brownies. Then her advisory was like “Why are you always here?” “My advisor doesn’t really like me.” “Sure she does! Who is your advisor?” “Claudia” “Oh, she loves you!” “Okay. I guess I will go over there then.” So I walked across the hallway to my advisory where we had banana bread. It was not exciting.*

*None of that made any sense and I am so sorry if you read the whole thing. You can have a gold star.

No comments:

Post a Comment