Tuesday, November 24, 2009

songbird by bernard fanning

So while running on the treadmill, this video came on

and I got really sad. I miss the Boulder family so much.

 

But my new Aussie gym membership is absolutely going to be a wonderful investment. Its so weird, but I feel most comfortable there than I do at most places here. It just feels so normal and so what I am used to. Minus the fact that the treadmills measure everything in kms and km/hour…but my runs seems much more impressive in the metric system!

 

Its strange that Thanksgiving is in two days and I’m not home. But we do have a nice hotel room with a full kitchen for the night so we are going to try to recreate our own Australian version of the holiday. I’m thinking Liz’s green bean casserole, Chels’s pumpkin bread, a big salad and some sort of tasty steak. And lots of wine, of course. I do appreciate going into the summer for the holidays though, it makes it seems so different and thus I don’t feel as homesick. And I am homesick, not just for Boulder and college, but Texas and family. I am just so used to being able to hop on a plane whenever I feel the urge for some Taco C and Gracie!

 

I picked up a new book today called The Shadow of the Wind; I am only a few chapters in but I already know that I am going to love it. I highly recommend it (and I don’t think that I will retract that statement once I finish it).

 

Things are changing. Its hard to let people go that have meant so much for so long.

“There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I’m going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts.” –Eat, Pray, Love

 

que sera, sera.

[Via http://belenryan.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment