Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Loss Goes On

So, I have reached and surpassed my goal weight: 140 lbs!!! That makes the loss a total of 80 lbs. It’s funny because that was the weight of one of my friends when she was underweight… so I guess I lost potentially an adult human being in extra weight. I don’t have any pictures right now, so I’m sorry I can’t continue that progression, but I will get some up eventually.

But that loss is not just extra physical weight. This time of year as brought a lot of emotional loss to my attention as well. People have always said that Christmas is the hardest time of year for the lonely. This is the first year that I have gotten to experience the truth in that.

Mr. Right wasn’t Mr. Right at all. He was Mr. I’m-not-in-love-with-you-the-way-you-deserve. It’s heartbreaking, still. We’ve been separated for two years, now, and decided to divorce in about May of this year. It will be final January 23, 2010. Sadly, our 6th wedding anniversary is December 21, 2009. Just made it… but not really.

So, this is the first year that I won’t have my person since I started dating him… In total, we had been together for 9 years. Wow… never really realized that until I just did the math to write that. Ouch. Almost a decade… cool……….

On that note, I think I’m done. I’m going to go cry that one out a little.

[Via http://timetogrowup.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment