Thursday, December 3, 2009

Warning: Ubuntu and Mac!

So yesterday I tried installing Linux onto my thumb drive. I thought, “surely this can’t screw anything up; it’s just a thumb drive.” I was wrong. When I restarted, my computer wouldn’t boot either Mac OS X or Ubuntu. After talking with two Apple support guys, the verdict was I would have to reformat my hard disk and start over. Luckily for me, I made a backup using Time Machine right before trying the whole Linux thing. Before reformating, I tried installing OS X from the installation disks, but even that failed. The only option was to reformat the drive and start over, but since I had the backup, I was able to revert my computer back to the way it was before all of this mess even happened. So a word of caution when trying to install Ubuntu using a Mac! (I don’t recommend it!)

-Kyle

[Via http://kodev.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment