Sunday, December 13, 2009

Love and the iPhone

Still with the bunny.

So I finally cracked and bought myself an iPhone last week. And I have to say, I absolutely love it. Here are my most recommended apps to date:

1. Mail Pro: If you use hotmail, forget about syncing your account with your iPhone’s mail service, which for some reason recognizes every other email account EXCEPT MSN (well maybe that’s not so big a mystery, come to think of it). Mail Pro lets you access hotmail accounts as quickly and easily as any other. The Lite version, which is all you’ll ever need, is free.

2. Just Light: It sounds kind of dumb, but just light is exactly that: it turns your iPhone into a source of white, well, light. Unlike all the other light type applications, which have a tendency to switch to strobe lights or something stupid if you accidentally bump the touch screen, the Just Light app stays steady and makes a great reading light.

3. reQall: This is an awesome organization app. It’s like your own personal assistant in iPhone format.

4. Grace for the Day: I really like this app, which provides a Bible verse and a short meditation for every day.

5. Audiobooks: I don’t listen to audio books much, but I like them for long drives. You can download just about any audio book in the public domain with this app, which includes everything from Jane Austen to Arthur Conan Doyle and so on.

If you’ve been thinking about an iPhone I highly recommend it — and these apps make great places to start.

[Via http://carynswark.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment