Saturday, September 12, 2009

9.12 // A break from fashion week to talk about my real life

It seems crazy that right now in a city far, far away, Spring 2010 Fashion Week is going on. I live my life here – waving signs for an XC car wash, doing 5 subjects of homework, volunteering at a band fundraiser – then come home and dive into FW online. I go over the shows, browse the blogs, examine and store miscellaneous street style, and fervently wish that I could actually attend said events. Then I’m brought crashing back to reality by some mundane thing (laundry, showering) and realise that no, I’m not front row at Preen, I’m sitting in sweats in my room.

Oh, so today I found out my own mother didn’t know Chloe was “a whole house”. She thought Chloe was just perfume, because that’s all the Chloe she had (from about 15 years ago, at that). She commented that she’s never seen Chloe in any stores around here. Really, mom? I thought, you know, Target and JCP curried top designers all the time. Specialty boutiques? What? Psssh.

Sigh.

On another note, I got a professional discount offer from ELLE today in the mail. I already have a subscription, but still, it made me excited. So shoot me, I’m excited. I’m keeping the letter. Yes, I’m that much of a dork, but it’s cool. For a random teenage girl in the middle of nowhere, it’s cool.

OK. Off to do weights, shower, and go to sleep. Have a good weekend!

~ r

[Via http://bwchic.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment