Thursday, October 15, 2009

Whirlwind

Where do I even begin?!

As you may know, my life has been filled with more downs than ups the past few weeks. The personal mood + outlook at life trend is beginning to take a positive spin. If you were to graph it, however, you would notice that it still vacillates some and is therefore an all too tumultuous upward trend.

I don’t want to go into details online since I’d rather share it with those friends who take the time to ask how I’m doing and to hang out with me. (And, of course, you, if so choose to send me an e-mail). To sum up what I’ve been up to and will be up to, however, here are a few lovely snippets:

- workshops and webinars on start-up businesses and social media

- fellowship applications

- research proposal: ‘Applying the Business Model to Education’

- only wearing either heels or boots

- making my f*in awesome Halloween costume

- maybe visiting a new country or two

This week, I decided that I really need to concentrate on who and what matters most to me. (In other words, if you don’t want me then I don’t want you either.) A few weeks ago, I just felt so unwanted by people who I thought were important to me. What did I do? Well, I cried, moped around, got angry, etc. Then I changed my attitude.

With that, I quickly realized what an amazing support system I have: immediate and extended family, close and distant friends, new and old colleagues. There are people out there that care about  me and love me as much as I care about them and love them. For that, I am extremely grateful. Imagine that.

Simply said, the world is my oyster!

No comments:

Post a Comment